Saturday, June 14, 2008

Travel Log - Star date 20080614

Plane, train or automobile: Matrix. This one was easy - it was right here in town. I could sleep in my own bed, eat dinner with my own family and relax in my own recliner!

Mission: Management Training for 18 store managers. If you have been following AAP news (and who doesn't???), you'll see that we have some new Senior Vice Presidents. I had a chance to meet one of them, and I must tell you that I was impressed. He met this group of managers for the first time and spent about 30 minutes telling them who he was and why he was looking forward to the challenge of leading them. He was very humble and very Team focused - might be his Starbucks upbringing!

Number of human interactions: 21, plus my family!

State(s) visited: 1

City visited: Roanoke, VA

Interesting fact about this city: Home to the
Texas Tavern. Any restaurant that only seats 10 people has to be interesting, right?

Halpert says: I got to play with the Travel Kids for a few days. Wow, do they have energy!!

No comments:

2007 Travel Destinations