Monday, April 21, 2008

Travel Log - Star date 20080419

Plane, train or automobile: None. I had a planned week at home this week.

Mission: I had a very quick and vital mission dropped in my lap Wednesday morning. We did an internal Talent Search to assess some Division Manager candidates this week. I figured this would keep my supervisors busy and I could get some catch up work done, and do a little pre-emptive work. WRONG!


I was asked to "grade" some assessments from an activity that each candidate went through. The grading consisted of deciphering the candidates responses and mapping those responses to success factors required for the job they were interested in. There were approximately 60 items on each assessment that took me about 45 - 60 seconds EACH to sort and record. My quick math skills tell me that this meant about 45 - 60 minutes to complete one report. Guess how many I had to do??? 22 of them - in two days. I got about 7-8 done the first day, took 5 home with me that night, and did about 8-9 more the second day. Needless to say, I didn't get much else done. An analyst in our department thought the real purpose of the exercise was to test my knowledge of what behaviors fell into which success factors. I think she was right!

Number of human interactions: 22. On paper. In two days.

State(s) visited: Numbness??

City visited: None

Interesting fact about this city: Looking at roughly 1300 lines of data makes any city fact interesting - pick one!

Halpert says: Keep me away from that stuff!

No comments:

2007 Travel Destinations