Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Travel Log - Star Date 20080209

I have had two incredibly busy weekends in a row. I belong to the Knights of Columbus and am the committee chair for Civic Center volunteering. This means I coordinate all the volunteers for working a concession stand at the local civic center. We had two big events the past two weekends and I had to make sure we had about 30 shifts covered! Lot's of phone calls, emails and prayers - and we got them all covered. I put in about 20 hours of volunteer work on the two weekends - in addition to being on the road three days each week.

Plane, train or automobile: Still in the trusty old Exploder!

Mission: In-Store management training.

Number of human interactions: 5

State(s) visited: 2

City visited: Charlotte, NC.

Interesting fact about this city: The little town of
Harrisburg outside of Charlotte is planning their layout very carefully and will resemble a quaint downtown area when complete. They have shops (hardware store!), boutiques, restaurants and even an auto parts store! I enjoyed lunch there and then visited one of the cleanest Advance Auto Parts that you will ever find.


Halpert says: Why did you leave me all alone at the hotel when you went to work with a new 3rd shift manager at the 24 hour store?

No comments:

2007 Travel Destinations