Saturday, February 23, 2008

Travel Log - Star date 20080223

This was an off week for the entire league that Big Girl plays in, so stay tuned for championship game highlights!

Plane, train or automobile: The trusty old Exploder

Mission: Visit new management trainees with the Division Manager. This was my first planned visit with the DM and his presence really paid off. He looked at things from a slightly different point of view and helped drive home the importance of following our program. He incorporated the information into his next managers meeting and I am seeing more Team Members in the program in his division after two days than I do in some divisions that I visited a month ago.

Number of human interactions: 8-10 at the store level.

State(s) visited: 2 - VA and a brief trip into North Carolina

Cities visited: South Boston and Danville, VA and Yanceyville, NC

Interesting fact about this city: South Boston has no Starbucks - not uncommon in rural towns. I think the residents of South Boston would be in for sticker shock if Starbucks comes in - I stopped at a coffee shop next to our store and was able to buy a LARGE cup of coffee for 69 cents. 69 cents!!!

Halpert says: How come I didn't get any of that coffee?

No comments:

2007 Travel Destinations