Saturday, July 5, 2008

Travel Log - Star date 20080704 HAPPY 4TH!!

Plane, train or automobile: Matrix.

Mission: Slightly different this week. I am working through a company certification program for my own development and because our Team will most likely begin running this program soon, I need to be familiar with how it works. I met with one of our HR managers and one of our Division Managers of the Year to review business related topics. Both did a great job of covering the material - I learned some things that will help me in the classroom and I learned how the process is used by the real-word facilitators. In between, I met our Operations Training Manager at a new store that he had opened the week before. This store was rocking and rolling - selling more parts and having more fun - and the manager had been through
one of my workshops back in June. I'd like to say that his being in my class led to the strong sales, and I know that there are MANY factors that contribute to on the job performace - but I can dream, right?

Number of human interactions: 10

State(s) visited: NC.

City visited: Lexington / Durham

Interesting fact about this city: Lexington, NC is the
barbecue capital of the world. And what did I do for lunch there???? I made myself a ham sandwich at the Regional Office - the Admin Assistant there keeps the fridge stocked so the staff doesn't have to leave the building. I am SO checking out the BBQ next time I visit!

Halpert says: Does Moes have a BBQ burrito?

No comments:

2007 Travel Destinations