Saturday, July 19, 2008

Travel Log - Star date 20080719

Plane, train or automobile: Jet City Woman by Queensryche is echoing through my head.

First time this year I have flown in back to back weeks. I flew on our preferred carrier, US Airways, which has recently changed their Dividend Miles program. I used to get a minimum of 500 miles for a Roanoke-Charlotte leg on a trip... but no more. Now I get actual mileage (155). So let's cut my miles earned by 2/3, cut out my in flight snack and start charging for the second bag. Give me less, charge me more - what a great business model!

SkyHigh Airlines still has the best frequent flyer program...

Mission: Management training for 14 store managers in Tuscaloosa, AL.

Number of human interactions: 23

State(s) visited: NC and AL

City visited: Tuscaloosa - Roll Tide! I am not an Alabama fan (sorry, Richie!), but I do know that it is one of the "name" schools that
UCF has beaten in football. One good thing about college towns - they have Moe's!!!!

Interesting fact about this city: Other than Alabama football, I'm not sure.

Halpert says: What does "Roll Tide" have to do with
elephants?

No comments:

2007 Travel Destinations