Saturday, July 26, 2008

Travel Log - Star date 20080726

Plane, train or automobile: Matrix

Mission: Management Training. I was originally going to be an observer/coach for one of our newly certified Trainers, so I was looking forward to watching the workshop rather than facilitating the workshop.


One of the key learning moments in the workshop is when the managers coach another manager through the conversation we are practicing. You see so much more about the effect of your words and the flow of the conversation when you are not the one talking! I was really looking forward to this viewpoint so I could improve my facilitation!

Alas, the other trainer had something come up so I ended up facilitating the group myself. We still had a great time and one of the managers really took the training to heart. He started using some of the skills on the first night and emailed me on Friday to let me know how he had used the skills to get through to a Team Member that he had previously struggled with. WIN!

Number of human interactions: 7. That's about the smallest number I would like to have in a workshop - it's hard to work in small groups if you start out as a small group.

State(s) visited: NC

City visited: Durham

Interesting fact about this city: Home to the
Durham Bulls. They are a farm team for the AL East leading Tampa Bay Rays.

Halpert says: Rays??? Rays??? You know Travel Wife is a Yankees fan... why do you want to rile her up?

No comments:

2007 Travel Destinations