Saturday, August 16, 2008

Travel Log - Star date 20080816 - Williamsport, PA

Plane, train or automobile: Matrix. This car is awesome - we went to get a small refrigerator for a party we had planned and ended buying several other items as well. We got out to the Matrix and realized that the back cargo area had some bottled water, a case of Mike's Hard Lemonade and some stuff for my upcoming work trip in it. Here is what we squeezed into the Matrix:
  • Travel Man
  • Travel Wife
  • Travel Kids (2)
  • A 2.7 cubic foot refrigerator
  • Two boxes containing training manuals
  • Case of water
  • Case of Mike's Hard Lemonade
  • Small bag of grass seed
  • Large back of seed mulch to put over the grass seed
  • A large cast iron skillet and pan combo

Also on this trip, I cashed in my Moe's Passport and am now the proud owner of my very own Moes T-Shirt!

Mission: Management Training in Williamsport, PA

Number of human interactions: 15! Finally, a decent sized class! I was getting worried after The One with Two People.

State(s) visited: PA

City visited: Williamsport, PA

Interesting fact about this city: Home of the
Little League World Series. It started the day after I left, so I was going out as most people were coming in.

I stayed at a quaint, cozy hotel in downtown Williamsport - the Genetti Hotel. Let me put the description into common terms for you: quaint = hasn't been updated for 50 years; cozy = the smallest hotel room I have ever been in. I opened the door to my room and noticed that the door juuuussst cleared the bed. To my right was a bed, dresser and TV. I had to turn sideways to get between the dresser and bed to get to the window air conditioner. To my left was a desk, closet, armchair and bathroom. I could put one foot in the bathroom and touch my bed at the same time. I could sit in the armchair and put my feet up on the bed (or on the desk, or reach the sink). Now in fairness to the Genetti, I did book the cheapest room they had and the map on the door indicated that the other 30 or so rooms per floor were much larger. You get what you pay for.

I also had the opportunity to try a sticky bun from
Mr. Sticky's. If you have never had one, I would suggest not eating for several days before trying one (Michael Phelps would have trouble eating one in a single sitting, and he eats 12,000 calories a day). This delicious concoction weighs about 2 pounds and makes a dent in the plate if you drop it. Serious sticky bun!

Halpert says: I am still trying to finish my sticky bun - it is bigger than me!


No comments:

2007 Travel Destinations